Super simple and so tasty--serve over fresh greens or rice. (And I omit the capers, but feel free to add them.)
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers (optional)
- Rinse the halibut steaks and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the halibut steaks in the butter for 4 to 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and stir the lemon juice into the pan, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom. Mix in the lemon juice, then stir in the cream. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Season with parsley, basil and capers, and stir for another minute. Serve halibut with sauce spooned over it. Garnish with additional parsley if desired.