Inspired by Meg. Our lover of sweet potatoes and recipient of the infamous and ever-remembered sweet potato bridal shower!!
- 1/2 - 1 sweet potato
- Gorgonzola (crumbled or chopped)
- Maple syrup
- Spinach, romaine, arugula
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Peel sweet potato. Shred into thin strips and lightly fry in pan with olive oil. Set aside to cool on paper towels.
- Roughly chop pecans. Place into medium-heated pan with a small tab of butter. Coat pecans with butter and warm for 1 -2 minutes. Once warmed, drizzle with maple syrup and turn heat down to low. Stir frequently to rotate pecans. Warm for 5 - 7 minutes. Turn out onto cutting board to cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
- In a sealable jar or bowl, eyeball equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Whisk in several teaspoons of sugar, until vinaigrette is to taste.
- Mix sweet potato shreds and pecans with salad greens and gorgonzola. Top with balsamic vinaigrette.