Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce

Last night I had the opportunity to eat a pre-Thanksgiving feast with my ward. Now I don't really get excited about traditional Thanksgiving fare, but I do derive a slight amount of satisfaction from a plate full of rolls, potatoes, and stuffing. But one thing I can't stomach is canned cranberry. SICK! It's slimy and in the shape of a can--a can!; it's not quite jelly and it contains inordinate amounts of high fructose corn syrup. The worst part of all is that you can cut it into slices. The only things worse than it are the canned yams. Anyway, I was inspired to find a recipe for a more natural cranberry sauce. A simple Google search brought up the following recipe. I'm just going to put in the link because there was too much good information to cut and paste. So good luck and may you never eat canned cranberry again.

http://www.boutell.com/vegetarian/cranberry-sauce.html

No comments: