Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yum Yum Salad

K, so I am winging it but this is my all time favorite quick and healthy meal!

1 head of lettuce
10-12 mini carrots cut
1/2 large Avocado (I suggest taking out the seed, cutting it in a grid then pushing out into salad)
1/2 large apple cut in very small chunks
1 Chicken Breast grilled and cut into squares
1/2 large cucumber (sliced very thin!) Leave the skin on if it is organic
2 Celery Stalks cut

Toss...

Dressing is adjustable. It consists of Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar and Garlic Salt. Start with 1 and 1/2 T of Olive Oil and about 1/2 T of Red Wine Vinegar ( I usually eye it to have Red Wine Vinegar be about 1/4 of my Olive Oil). Add as necessary, if you really like the tart flavor of vinegar you can add Balsamic as well... but only a few drops! Add Garlic Salt to personal liking and enjoy!

1 comment:

Rutherford Bentley Haze said...

Yum Yum Ceasar Salad Dressing
Hey Gourmet Girls it is the Gourmet Boy officially in the building, Bentley Johnson!!! I love to cook (and especially eat, as you know) so I thought I would check in once and a while and contribute! Here is a simple salad dressing recipe for a great Ceasar.

A spoonful of sugar (1 tbsp), or more depending on how much you make
2 parts Olive Oil
1 part Lemon Juice
1/2-1 clove garlic, pressed
salt and pepper
a splash of vinegar (not balsamic, either white or red wine)
a splash of worcestershire
If you like your dressing a little creamy you can put a little mayo or half and half in it, I like it better without so the lemon juice pops, healthier too.
Whisk, blend, or shake well and dress up romaine, plenty of croutons and parmesan or asiago cheese, and its really good with grilled chicken and balsamic-soaked tomatoes in my humble opinion.

I think this blog is great and I hope you girls see this!!! I am actually at my new job in Washington D.C. but obviously not working very hard!
Love,
Bentley